Rich in vitamin A, C, Folate, and Iron, your brain will thank you for this flavorful medley. For an even bigger brain boost, serve with whole-grain rice or pasta.
* 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed and chopped
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 cup slivered oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* Pinch of freshly ground pepper
1. Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and gently press out as much water as possible.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 149 mg
Total fiber 4 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
(Recipe and photo from EatingWell.com)