Karen Cronin, RN, BSN, Wakefield/Melrose Public Health Nurse is available to check your BP and weight.
After twenty years, the City of Melrose re-established the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee.
The Committee has been working throughout Melrose to improve conditions for pedestrians and bicyclists in the City and promote walking and bicycling as a means of transportation.
The Committee seeks community-at-large input and participation.
The Committee has been charged with the following goals and activities:
- Enhance Melrose’s reputation as a prime commuter city;
- Establish Melrose as a Walk Friendly community;
- Organize and participate in public events such as bike rodeos;
- Support Safe Routes to School initiatives such as walk to school days;
- Search for pedestrian and bicycle grant opportunities;
- Provide City departments with walkability & bikeability tools and resources;
- Create materials to encourage walking and bicycling in the city
The Pedestrian and Bicycle Committee is made up of residents, City staff from the Health Department, the Planning and Community Development Office, the Police Department, and the Department of Public Works, and is in partnership with Mass in Motion-Melrose/Wakefield and the Melrose Energy Commission.
Karen Cronin, RN, BSN, Melrose Public Health Nurse is available to check your BP and weight.