The Friends of the Fells in collaboration with the DCR, Medford Family Network, North Suburban Child and Family Resource Network, and Mass in Motion is extending the Storybook Walk in the Middlesex Fells Reservation!
You are invited to participate in this self-led walk through the Fells featuring the book, “One Small Place in a Tree” by Barbara Brenner, posted through the Crystal Springs Trail path behind the sandbox at Greenwood Park, in Stoneham, across from Stone Zoo. The walk is an easy, 1/3-mile loop. Great for all ages!
The StoryWalk™ Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle & Pedestrian Coalition and the Kellogg Hubbard Library.
After twenty years, the City of Melrose re-established the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee.
The Committee has been working throughout Melrose to improve conditions for pedestrians and bicyclists in the City and promote walking and bicycling as a means of transportation.
The Committee seeks community-at-large input and participation.
The Committee has been charged with the following goals and activities:
- Enhance Melrose’s reputation as a prime commuter city;
- Establish Melrose as a Walk Friendly community;
- Organize and participate in public events such as bike rodeos;
- Support Safe Routes to School initiatives such as walk to school days;
- Search for pedestrian and bicycle grant opportunities;
- Provide City departments with walkability & bikeability tools and resources;
- Create materials to encourage walking and bicycling in the city
The Pedestrian and Bicycle Committee is made up of residents, City staff from the Health Department, the Planning and Community Development Office, the Police Department, and the Department of Public Works, and is in partnership with Mass in Motion-Melrose/Wakefield and the Melrose Energy Commission.
Karen Cronin, RN, BSN, Melrose Public Health Nurse is available to check your BP and weight.
All of those interested in walking and biking in Wakefield are encouraged to attend!
Most likely, a rep from Mass Bike and a rep from Safe Routes to School will be available at this meeting.