This easy moroccan chickpea stew is packed with flavor, is hearty and filling, and super quick to make.
Enjoy as a meatless weeknight meal or as a healthy meal prep recipe!
Servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Cooling time: 5 mins Total Time: 30 mins
Course: Main Course Cuisine: Mediterranean Calories: 293 kcal Author: Bethany Kramer
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp each tumeric, paprika, and garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon and cayenne pepper
- jasmine rice or quinoa
- In a medium pot on medium heat, saute diced onion in olive oil for 3 minutes. Stir often, onions should be soft and edges should be slightly brown when done. Add garlic, chickpeas, salt & pepper, spices, and cook for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, water, tomato paste, and simmer on low to medium heat for 20 minutes. Liquids will reduce and sauce will thicken.
- Serve with cooked rice or quinoa with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!