Calling all Melrose & Wakefield food establishments…join the Healthy Dining Program!
Helping restaurants and other food establishments offer healthy choices, increase sales and attract new customers
How can you benefit?
- New customers
- Free publicity locally and across the state
- Increased sales
How do you qualify?
To become recognized as a Healthy Dining establishment, when applicable, you must offer:
- At least two choices of fruits and/or vegetables (other than potatoes)
- Substitution of salad or other vegetables for fried potatoes (e.g., French fries) at no extra cost
- Low-fat, low-calorie and low-sodium labels when these items are offered
- 1% or skim milk when milk is offered as a beverage
- Smaller portions: half portion size or half-meal-to-go option
- Two whole grain options, such as legumes or whole grains, such as bread/rolls, tortilla, brown rice, pasta, side roll, cereal, beans, lentils etc
How do you learn more and participate?
Contact Kara Showers, Mass in Motion grant coordinator at email@example.com, 781-979-4123