This IWalk (International Walk, Bike and Roll) event is held on the first Wednesday of October. Students and families across Massachusetts will walk, bike, and roll to school to enjoy a safe, healthy, and active lifestyle. Whether your school is hybrid, remote, or fully in-person, you can register your school to participate. Click here to register. A PDF form is also available should you wish to fax or email your registration.
Online electronic registration https://gisdev.massdot.state.ma.us/applications/SRTS/
Your school can participate on any day in October that works best. Visit our Encouragement page (link to https://www.mass.gov/info-details/safe-routes-to-school-encouragement#srts-flagship-events-) to learn more.
Our three annual flagship days are:
· iWalk – International Walk, Bike, & Roll to School Day (the first Wednesday of October)
· Massachusetts Winter Walk & Roll to School Day (the first Wednesday of February)
· Massachusetts Walk, Bike, & Roll to School Day (the first Wednesday of May)
How to participate:
- Make sure your school is registered
- @School- Walk, Bike, or Roll from home, a designated meeting spot, or at school and take pictures!
- @Home- Walk, Bike, or Roll at home or around your neighborhood and take pictures!
- Share and Celebrate- #iwalked #ibiked #SafeRoutestoSchool #YourSchoolName